For a video conferencing platform to be effective as a tool for allowing a collaborative remote work experience. Learn how The Logic Group can help you find the right solution.
3 Questions to Ask a Potential IT Provider
At The Logic Group we take pride in providing IT and network services that make our client’s businesses more successful. So here are three important questions that you should ask when you’re looking for a new IT partner.
- “Are You Certified?” This is an important one. Thanks to technology that seems to change at the speed of light it’s important for any IT provider to stay on top of the latest best practices software and hardware news. At The Logic Group we make an ongoing investment in keeping our team up-to-date so that they can provide the best advice to our clients.
- “Are You Local?” Some IT and networking companies outsource their helpdesk resources servers and other critical activities. Not The Logic Group! We’re proud that the same team that serves our clients day in and day out also provides help desk support. And even our cloud servers are local – thanks to our Philadelphia Naval Yard data center.
- “Are You Responsive?” What’s the average turnaround time on a basic help ticket a CPU crisis or a server crash? If it takes more than a day for your vendor to respond or more than a few minutes in a crisis situation that’s too long. At The Logic Group we’re responsive 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days per year.
If you’re looking for an IT and networking partner that’s certified local and responsive contact us today!
Keep Your Data and Personal Information Safe All the Time. Read The Logic Group’s FREE Tips And Learn How To Thrive.
Why is Finding the Right IT Support for Healthcare and HIPAA Compliance Critical?
With the already wide range of security threats from cybercriminals healthcare organizations now need to establish security policies for mobile devices disaster recovery and business continuity and let’s not forget minimize the risk of internal device theft that might result in a data leak and ultimately a HIPAA violation.
- Mobile devices
- Loss of patient confidentiality PHI
- Costly legal fees and reparations
- Damaged patient relations and overall reputation
- Even a potential closure of your organization’s doors!
- 24/7/365 remote monitoring to detect and resolve IT issues immediately to keep them from disrupting your business.
- Managed state-of-the-art security to protect your healthcare IT systems from viruses malware data theft and other malicious attacks.
- Business continuity planning to ensure your data and systems are securely backed up onsite and offsite to guarantee recovery in the event of a disaster.
- Round-the-clock support staff who are always available to answer your IT-related questions and help you and your staff get the best use of your technology.
There are many benefits to co-managed IT services especially for companies without a fast internal IT support structure.